Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Summer means Sidewalk Chalk

With the end of school and a break in the constant rain fresh in mind, I have been busy designing something I think we will really love and use this summer. . .

All Natural - Petroleum Free - Chemical Free - Nibble Safe - Plant Based - Sidewalk Chalk - Paint and Pendants  !!!

Now I know that if you love and regularly check Pinterest the way I do you have seen some Cheap DIY "sidewalk chalk" and "chalk paint" pins.

Here is what I have found :

1. Tempera Paint or Traditional Petroleum Based Food coloring + Plaster of Paris = Pinterest "Chalk"

2. Corn Starch + Water = Pinterest "Chalk Paint"

I guarantee that my Chalk does NOT contain : Corn Starch, Tempera, Plaster of Paris or Petroleum Food Colors.

Did you know that according to the USDA website last updated in July 12 2012 with data obtained by the USDA's National Agricultural Statistics Service (NASS) in the June Agricultural Survey for 2000 through 2012., 88% of the corn grown in the United States is GMO.
http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/adoption-of-genetically-engineered-crops-in-the-us
If you would like to find out more please look for yourself. The data I found summarized the adoption of herbicide-tolerant and insect-resistant crops since their introduction in 1996. While the USDA does not collect this data. Estimates were produced by the International Service for the Acquisition of Agri-biotech Applications (ISAAA) and can be found in the report, Global Status of Commercialized Transgenic Crops: 2012.

All of this is just another reason why I will not use corn or any corn starch in any of my products.


" Wear It, Share It, Make your Mark ! "




No comments:

Post a Comment