Monday, September 28, 2015

Tiggly Words and Learning App Review

As you may know our family has been spending a lot of time {the last 2 months} and money, traveling back and forth from South Dakota to Denver to meet with the closest Pediatric Immunologist available. Road tripping like that can not only eat up a lot of time you might have devoted to blogging and running your Etsy shop shop, it also creates a lot of down time for little guy in the back of our 2001 Honda CRV.
In the past I've given you my opinions on different Gluten Free food and snack items but this time, I thought you might like our take on an interactive toy and ipad application set. You know me, I ALWAYS start with the Good News. Now these are just my opinions. You are free and encouraged to make up your own mind.

Up for review Tiggly Words and the Tiggly Tales app:

*Lets start with design: The tiggly tales app is creative and the toy vowels are adorable! These pint sized learning toys have a rigid core and soft BPA free cover that make them easy to grip and hold.  Packed with a whole lot of learning potential; when your vowels are placed between correct consonants they create words that truly come alive. My little guy loved when we could watch h_n become a h e n and then, when you tap the hen it lays eggs . . . and when you tap the egg it reveals a sweet little chick. Just so cute I had to do it a few dozen times too.

*Lets talk value: The Tiggly Tales stand alone app available on Itunes only costs $2.99 and you can play it without ever buying the toys; but if you do decide to buy the toys, Tiggly.com is currently running a huge *BOGO*. You get to send a teacher his/her choice of a FREE set of toys (use the BUY1GIVE1 code AND you also get free shipping on your order). The order sent to my home arrived within days and the one sent to our teacher only took a few more. Oh and as if that weren't enough, did I mention the words toys come with a download code for three **FREE** apps. If you buy the Tiggly Words toys the Tiggly Submarine, Tiggly Doctor and Tiggly Tales apps download code are included for free ($8.79 value).

Now for the issues we had that I didn't love . . .

* First, I had already purchased the Tiggly Tales app prior to buying our toys. I'm fine having spent the $2.99 however, to make sure we liked and used the app enough to buy the toys (I think it was money well spent as a test run of the system) I don't usually get a try before you buy with many of his toys.

* Second, when you use the code for your free teacher gift on the Tiggly website you don't see anything letting you know you will be contacted by email to get all your teachers contact information (so the teacher can choose the toy set of their choice). I was a little worried I had done something wrong until Erica Jun the Manager of Education and Sales contacted me later that same day. She was also the person who contacted my teacher. My sons teacher and I, both got really excited to receive our toys in the mail and it was really fun sharing the excitement together.

Final Assessment :

Tiggly Tales and Tiggly Words are simple, intuitive teaching toys that my son LOVES using !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment